Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Now That I've Finished Teaching...

I went to wine country outside of Nice with Kristen and Lee a couple of weeks ago. We tasted several different wines, drove in a CAR (which was so liberating...public transit is nice, but this American girl misses her open highways), and managed to see some really beautiful land.


The wine is for a party of sorts. 72 bottles = success.

Then Kirsten and I had people over for a pot luck!


Kristen has a Vitamix that only seems to work at our house when the dishwasher and oven are off (the industrial blender takes a lot of energy to use). Kristen made delicious hummus, gazpacho, cashew dressing for a salad, and silky-smooth tofu chocolate cake with the super-powered blending possibility on hand. I made a veggie tarte. Kirsten made veggie wings and kale chips. Amy made a cheese hors d'oeuvre, and Lauren, Katya, Lee, and Jenny all came, too. 


Yesterday Kirsten, Kristen, and her brother, Kevin, and I all went to Antibes. We did a coastal walk on Cap d'Antibes, and then got lunch at a lovely vegetarian restaurant. Lee met us later and we got coffee, then checked out the ENGLISH BOOKSTORE. I didn't know there was one so close to Nice! But there you go! It is really small and cozy and caters to the many English tourists that visit the cute coastal town. After the bookstore we went to the good 'ole Absinthe bar. It was a great day!


Cordon bleu--breaded and fried tempah
with goat cheese

Floppy hats!

Absinthe and random hat-induced sass

Other than hanging out with friends, I've been reading, watching TV, and private tutoring. I recently finished Gilmore Girls and have caught up on the latest seasons of Game of Thrones and Once Upon A Time. I have yet to go swimming at the beach. I've definitely acclimated to Niçoise temperatures because 75 degrees doesn't seem hot enough to put on a suit and get in the water. 



No comments:

Post a Comment