Monday, June 22, 2015

Wedding & Beyond

I've been bedridden for the past couple of days. Reason? I've been having too much fun. I had a manic socializing phase, and getting sick is my body's way of telling me to slow down. On the one hand, it's good that I'm getting time to myself to recover and rest. On the other, I wish I'd been a tad better at reading myself and my needs. Because I'm coming to the end of my stay in Nice, I want to get the most out of it. But there's definitely a balance that can be struck between friends and me-time.

The main thing that has happened since I last wrote is that I went to Kristen and Lee's wedding. It was awesome. The ceremonies happened on a Wednesday and Thursday--one day was the French civil ceremony (it was really cool to see how a French marriage places a lot of value on rearing children) as well as champagne and canapés at High Beach, and one day at Kristen and Lee's wedding villa in Cannes. I can't believe that this is my life. But apparently when in the south of France...

Kristen and Lee are such wonderful people, and they surround themselves with cool people. I loved getting the chance to hang out with their family and friends, and bond with my lecteur/Nice family. Caroline and Tom, Jenny's friends from home, visited as well, and it was really good to see Caroline again (we went to Dublin together along with Helena and Jenny), and meet Tom.

I feel really blessed and lucky to have met so many amazing people since I arrived in September. I didn't know much about Nice before I left my Pine Lake home. I wasn't sure what I'd find here, except for maybe some teaching experience, some free time to figure out what to do with my life, and some sun burn. Now that I'm leaving, I'm really sad to go. I think I've definitely lived life to the fullest here--more so than I did when I first lived in France. Maybe too full at times. I guess I shouldn't be sad that it's over, but that I should "smile because it happened," or whatever.

Anyway, here's to more fun times ahead! (I'm not leaving yet).









No comments:

Post a Comment